Cold Days

January 13, 2014

Gracious Living Day by DayDear friends,
please forgive me for my long absence.  Many of you wrote wondering if I am healthy and well. I am  deeply touched by your concern and I thank you for it.

I am well but I did have a difficult fall and a difficult winter. I wish I could tell you all about it in detail, but I cannot say more than that it concerned my children. One thing I can say is that my daughter Nena and I had a nasty car accident in the middle of October while driving through rural Alabama. By some miracle neither or us (nor Flaika, Nena’s little puppy) were hurt, but the car was totaled. We are still recovering from the trauma of that ordeal.

As all of you know, this has been an extremely frigid winter in most parts of our country. Michigan was hit hard with uncommonly low temperatures and loads of snow. During the holidays, while Nena and Flaika visited from Alabama, Flaika kept our family warm with snuggles and cheered us up with her puppy  shenanigans. She and I spent a lot of time sitting on the couch under a warm blanket and she helped me get through some cold days.

One day at a time.

Flaika and I Flaika and I

I send you all greetings and good wishes for the New Year! Stay warm this winter.

bonnie&tom January 14, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Glad to hear you are doing better,We kow about winter and these past few months>A lot of negatives.Illnesses and more but hopefully 2014 willmake up for all of it.Take care Tom says take care.

Liliana January 14, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Hugs to both you and Tom. I wish you health and sunshine in this new year. L.

Rosanna January 14, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Oh, Liliana, I’m just *so* glad that neither you; your daughter Nena; nor Nena’s little puppy Flaika ………… (and she’s just super-cute!!) ………… weren’t injured in the October car accident!! I can empathize because – years ago – my husband and I were involved in an accident in which we weren’t physically injured either, but in which the other (responsible-party) driver totally crushed the entire rear of our vehicle. It took me a while to recover from the emotional trauma of the accident ………… (i.e., for mere seconds beforehand, I saw that we were going TO BE hit hard; so I was able – in the front passenger-seat – to take some action, which probably saved our lives) ………… but, thankfully, it has been possible for me to recover from that truly-awful accident.

In The Year Of Our Lord 2014, I Wish You ………… Recovery (from the trauma of that ordeal in October) ………… Good Health ………… Abundant Love & Respect From Your Family And Friends ………… And Also Much Joy & Comfort From Your Family’s Beloved Pets, Too, Dear Liliana!!

Liliana January 15, 2014 at 8:28 am

Best to you, dear Rosanna and sending all the good wishes your way! Love and hugs.

Nikole January 15, 2014 at 12:30 am

O thank you for writing this. Many things went through my mind, mostly about the difficulties of moving. It was only recently that I started to be concerned that it might be something serious. A car accident is serious. All my best wishes to your family. I always say I can get through everything if the rest of my family is OK.
PS — I wasn’t notified of your post in my email, just checked back and found it.

Liliana January 15, 2014 at 8:28 am

Dear Nikole,
thank you for your concern. I hope you are doing well. Sending all the best your way.

Mariana Aitches January 15, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Dear Liliana, you’ve been on my mind so much the past few weeks. I know how hard the winter has been for you in many ways–but Mike didn’t tell me about your car accident! So many challenges–but spring does come again. I see the leaves on the trees after two long years of struggle and I’m wishing warm days for you too. Love and peace.

Liliana January 16, 2014 at 7:49 am

So glad that you are doing well, dear friend! Nick’s wedding brought us all happiness and hope, and we wish him all the best the world has to offer. Keep in touch and I hope to see you sometime soon. Love, L.

Mariana Aitches January 16, 2014 at 10:02 am

I loved getting to visit with Mike a little; I just love him–he is special to me for whatever reason. I’d love to hear from you–if you email me at mariana.aitches@gmail.com, I’ll send you my phone number–it would be good to hear your voice again. Sending warmth for your cold winter, Love, M