I have many people I love and care about. But I also live in an unpredictable and fickle world. There is not much that I can control in life except my responses to the challenges that come my way.
So I try, every day, to make the best of the canvas that is presented to me.
My family and I have been living in Ann Arbor, MI for over twenty six years.
I was born and grew up in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
When I was twelve years old, my parents, sister and I moved to Germany, then immigrated to New York City two years later.
I have always lived between worlds – between Europe and America; between Serbian folklore traditions and sense of history and an American liberal arts education; between being an immigrant and an outsider and being an integral part of American society.
I have a family.My husband Jeff and I
My husband Jeff and I have been married for 33 years.
My oldest son Mike is an international and human rights lawyer. He writes a blog (adviseanddissent.org) that tries to broaden and diversify the public debate on human rights issues.Mike traveling in South America
My daughter Nena is attending the MFA program in creative writing at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
My youngest son Sam is starting his third year of college at the University of Michigan, majoring in Environmental Science.Nena and Sam
My sister Branka and her husband Joe (who is also my husband’s brother) lived with us for two years while Joe completed a graduate degree in education. Now, Joe is done with school, has a wonderful job as a director of a college bookstore and they have moved back into their own house.
Their son Sasha just started second year of law school.
Their daughter Nicole graduated from college and is starting a career in teaching.My sister’s family: Nicole, Branka, Joe and Sasha
My husband Jeff and I recently sold the house that we lived in for almost twenty years and bought a smaller home in a lovely old neighborhood. We are currently renovating the smaller house and making it our own.
We are off on a whole new adventure. I hope to share some of my thoughts, stories and experiences with my readers. Please join me.
- All content on this blog is for informational purposes only.
- While all attempt is made to make information provided on this site timely and accurate, any claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service upon which you intend to base a purchase decision should be verified by you directly with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- Proprietor of this blog makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of information on this site or on blogs encountered by following links on this site.
- Proprietor of this blog will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided, nor for the scope of this information.
- Proprietor of this blog will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of information provided.